On Java, both Raung and Semeru are in activity level 2 / waspada.
At Raung, the PVMBG notes for this July 30, 2020:
- 14 eruption earthquakes, with an amplitude of 5-14 mm, and the duration of the earthquake 43-178 seconds.
- 207 episodes of non-harmonic tremor with an amplitude of 1 to 10 mm and an earthquake duration of 40 to 527 seconds.
- 3 distant tectonic earthquakes, with an amplitude of 4-21 mm, S-P 24-51 seconds and duration of the earthquake 107-251 seconds.
People / visitors / tourists should not do activities within a radius of 2 km from the summit crater.
Raung - hot spot in the crater - image Sentinel-2 L1C bands 12,11,4 from 07/29/2020 - one click to enlarge
At Semeru, the PVMBG informs for this July 30, 2020:
- 53 eruption earthquakes, with an amplitude of 11-20 mm, and the duration of the earthquake 50-164 seconds.
- 8 blast earthquakes, with an amplitude of 3 to 5 mm and an earthquake duration of 38 to 135 seconds.
- 2 episodes of harmonic tremor, with an amplitude of 10-13 mm and an earthquake duration of 111 to 145 seconds.
- A distant tectonic earthquake, with an amplitude of 24 mm, S-P 54 seconds and duration of the earthquake of 127 seconds.
The community does not carry out activities within a radius of 1 km and the area up to 4 km in the sector of the south-southeast slope of the active crater which is the active zone of the openings of the crater of G. Semeru (Jongring Seloko) as a hot cloud slide channel.
Sources: PVMBG, Magma Indonesia, Sentinel-2
Semeru - photo from Citra satellite on 07.29.2020 showing hot spots - Doc. Magma Indonesia - one click to enlarge Semeru
The Hawaii Volcanological Observatory recorded 105 low-magnitude earthquakes in the Mauna Loa summit area and its elevated flanks over the past week. Most of these earthquakes occurred at shallow depths of less than 8 kilometers (~ 5 miles) below ground level.
Inflation continues slowly at the top, consistent with the magma supply to the volcano's shallow storage system. Gas concentrations and fumarole temperatures at the Summit and Sulfur Cone monitoring sites remain stable (below 2 ppm SO2, and ~98°C, respectively). The webcams do not show any change in the landscape.
2020.07.30 Mauna Loa - Mauna Loa - Location of earthquakes during the past week - Doc. U. S. Geological Survey
The activity continues this July 30 in Nishinoshima;
This July 30 at 9 p.m., the JMA reports an eruption, accompanied by an ash plume at 5,300 meters above the crater. The dispersal is to the south, then to the west.
Sources: JMA, VAAC Tokyo and Sentinel-2
Nishinoshima - 07/30/2020 - Nasa worldview image and volcanic ash adisory / VAAC Tokyo image - one click to enlarge
Nishinoshima - Strong SO2 signal near Nishinoshima, with respectively 32.65DU of SO2 at an altitude of 8.12km on 07/30, and 31.23DU of SO2 at an altitude of 5.30km on 07/31/2020 - Doc. Sentinel-5P Tropomi / DLR / BIRA / ESA
At Etna, two craters show Strombolian activity on July 30, respectively at 1:46 am, with nocturnal incandescence; and 10:50 am local, with plumes of gas, sometimes loaded with ash : the Voragine and the "saddle cone" of the New Southeast Crater.
Source: Boris Behncke