At Etna, the activity of the summit craters continues, with gas emissions at the NE crater (NEC), fumaroles in the Bocca Nuova and Strombolian activity and ash emissions at the Selle vent of the new crater SE (NSEC) this October 10.
Mirova reports a high thermal anomaly this October 11 of VRP 170 MW.
Sources: Gio Giusa, Boris Behncke, Mirova, Sentinel-2
Etna - incandescence at the north-east crater and the New south-east crater - image Sentinel 2 bands 12,11,4 from 09.10.2020 - one click to enlarge
The VAAC Tokyo issued an ash scattering advisory to the South-East on 11.10.2020 at 0000Z for the Karymsky; the height of the ashes corresponds to a flight altitude of 60.
As Olga Girina specifies, it is resuspended ash, and not a consequence of eruption.
Sources : VAAC Tokyo & O. Girina
In Sinabung, the seismicity of this October 11 between 00 and 12h WIB is characterized by:
- 8 collapse earthquakes, with an amplitude of 5-56 mm and a long earthquake of 54-80 seconds.
- 7 blast earthquakes, with an amplitude of 2 to 21 mm and the duration of the earthquake was 21 to 47 seconds.
- 1 low frequency earthquake with an amplitude of 18 mm and the earthquake lasted 19 seconds.
- 1 local tectonic earthquake with an amplitude of 7 mm, S-P 2.1 seconds and a long earthquake of 24 seconds.
- 2 distant tectonic earthquakes with an amplitude of 8-70 mm, S-P 36 seconds and the duration of the earthquake 191-220 seconds.
The activity level remains at 3 / siaga, with the usual attendance and access restrictions.