In Merapi, on the island of Java, in activity level 2 / waspada, the BPPTKG reports that the number of multiphase hybrid earthquakes has doubled compared to the previous days.
For October 10 / 00 - 12am WIB, the seismicity is characterized by:
- 4 collapse earthquakes, with an amplitude of 5 to 45 mm and a duration of 11.5 to 27.7 seconds.
- 2 blast earthquakes, with an amplitude of 5 to 11 mm and the earthquake lasted 11.8 to 24.1 seconds.
- 1 low frequency earthquake, with an amplitude of 3 mm and the earthquake lasted 15.8 seconds.
- 11 hybrid / multiphase earthquakes, with an amplitude of 2-42 mm, S-P 0.3-0.5 seconds and the duration of the earthquake of 6-12.2 seconds.
- Current potential dangers: pyroclastic flows due to the collapse of the lava dome and the fall of volcanic materials due to explosive eruptions.
- Areas without human activities within a radius of 3 km from the summit
- The public must anticipate the dangers of volcanic ash from pyroclastic flows and explosive eruptions.
- The community should be aware of the dangers of lahar, especially when it is raining around the top of Mount Merapi.
Sources: PVMBG, BPPTKG. Magma Indonesia
In Kamchatka, effusive activity is maintained in Klyuchevskoy, as evidenced by these photos of October 7-8 (see article of 09,10,2020)
Sources: Volkstat / via Shérine France & KVERT
VAAC Tokyo issued a volcanic ash advisory for the Karymsky on 09.10.2020, directed to the SSE.
Small thermal anomalies are reported at Ol Doinyo Lengai and Nishinoshima