Anak Krakatau experienced an eruptive episode on Wednesday, June 8, 2022 at 11:59 a.m. WIB, with the height of the ash column observed at ± 500 m above the summit (± 657 m above sea level). It is observed that the ash column is white to gray with a thick intensity towards the southwest. This eruption was recorded on a seismograph with a maximum amplitude of 55 mm and a duration of 131 seconds.
In addition, seismicity was characterized by :
- 6 emission earthquakes, with an amplitude of 6 to 20 mm and an earthquake duration of 13 to 56 seconds.
- 6 low frequency earthquakes, with an amplitude of 12-20 mm and an earthquake duration of 5-8 seconds.
- 1 shallow volcanic earthquake, with an amplitude of 7 mm and an earthquake duration of 4 seconds.
- and continuous tremor, with an amplitude of 2 to 30 mm, dominating 3 mm.
The activity level remains at 3 / siaga, with recommendation for
people/visitors/tourists/climbers not to approach the volcano or carry out activities within 5 km of the active crater.
Sources: PVMBG, Magma Indonesia
Mount Ili Lewotolok, on Lembata, continued its eruption on Wednesday June 8, 2022 at 06:41 WITA, with the height of the ash column observed at ± 800 m above the peak (± 2223 m above the level of the sea). The ash column is observed white to gray in color with moderate to thick intensity to the northwest. This eruption was recorded on a seismograph with a maximum amplitude of 31.3 mm and a duration of 33 seconds.
The seismicity of June 8 is characterized by
- 10 eruption earthquakes, with an amplitude of 11.1 to 29.3 mm and an earthquake duration of 28 to 79 seconds.
- 270 emission earthquakes, with an amplitude of 1.9 to 31.3 mm and an earthquake duration of 16 to 138.6 seconds.
- 3 harmonic episodes with an amplitude of 1.8 to 3 mm and an earthquake duration of 74 to 103.2 seconds.
- 116 non-harmonic tremors with an amplitude of 1.6 to 32.9 mm and an earthquake duration of 74 to 437 seconds.
- 2 deep volcanic earthquakes, with an amplitude of 2.8-4.8 mm, S-P 0.2-0.9 seconds and an earthquake duration of 9-10 seconds.
- 4 episodes of continuous tremor with an amplitude of 0.5-1 mm, dominant 0.5 mm.
The level of activity of the Ili Lewotolok volcano is still at level III (watch) with a recommendation not to carry out activities within a radius of 3 km from the summit / crater of Mount Ili Lewotolok, 3.5 km radius for the sector south-east, a radius of 4 km for the east and north-east sectors.
Residents of Lamawolo Village, Lamatokan Village and Jontona Village should always be aware of the potential threat of incandescent lava and pyroclastic flow from the eastern part of G. Ili Lewotolok crater.
Source: PVMBG, Magma Indonesia
Thanks to the monitoring systems of the Popocatépetl volcano, 30 low intensity exhalations were detected on June 7, 16:00 GMT, accompanied by water vapor, volcanic gases and slight amounts of ash. The most important event was presented on June 07 at 00:36. Additionally, 102 minutes of shaking were recorded.
During the morning and at the time of this report, a slight emission of water vapor and volcanic gases with a southwest (SW) direction is observed.
In the past 24 hours, 17 low intensity exhalations have been detected, accompanied by water vapor, volcanic gases and light amounts of ash. Additionally, there were 34 minutes of tremor and three volcano-tectonic earthquakes recorded today at 5:35 a.m., 7:26 a.m., and 9:25 a.m., with magnitudes of 1.3, 1.5, and 2.7, respectively.
During the morning and until 4 p.m. GMT on June 8, a slight emission of water vapor and volcanic gases with a southwest direction (SW) is observed.
CENAPRED urges not to approach the volcano and especially the crater, due to the danger of falling ballistic fragments and, in the event of heavy rains, to stay away from the bottom of the ravines due to the danger of mudslides and of rubbish.
The Popocatépetl volcanic alert is at amarillo fase 2.
Source : Cenapred, webcamsdeMexico.