At Semeru, eruptive episodes continue...
The seismicity of June 10, 2022 is characterized by:
- 81 eruption earthquakes, with an amplitude of 10 to 24 mm and an earthquake duration of 45 to 160 seconds.
- 14 emission earthquakes, with an amplitude of 2 to 8 mm and an earthquake duration of 25 to 115 seconds.
- 4 episodes of harmonic tremors, with an amplitude of 5-6 mm and an earthquake duration of 130-1800 seconds.
- 1 local tectonic earthquake
- 2 distant tectonic earthquakes
- 1 earthquake with Flood Vibration with an amplitude of 3 mm and an earthquake duration of 1822 seconds.
The activity level is at 3 / Siaga.
Recommendation to carry out no activity in the southeastern sector along Besuk Kobokan, up to 13 km from the summit (the center of the eruption). Beyond this distance, the community does not conduct activities within 500 meters of the bank (river edge) along Besuk Kobokan due to the potential for expansion of hot clouds and lava flows. lava up to a distance of 17 km from the summit.
Do not travel within 5 km of the crater/summit of Mount Semeru as it is subject to the danger of rock throwing (incandescent).
Be aware of the potential for hot cloud avalanches (APGs), lava avalanches and lahars along the rivers/valleys that originate at the summit of Mount Semeru, especially along Besuk Kobokan, Besuk Bang, Besuk Kembar and Besuk Sat as well as potential lahars in the rivers a small river which is a tributary of Besuk Kobokan.
Sources: PVMBG, Magma Indonesia
At Dukono, on alert level 2 / waspada, a moderate to thick white and gray plume is observed, about 50-100 meters from the summit.
Seismic observation is characterized by
- 8 eruption earthquakes, with an amplitude of 28-34 mm and an earthquake duration of 22.1-38.17 seconds.
- 1 distant tectonic earthquake with an amplitude of 20 mm, S-P 16.05 seconds and an earthquake duration of 49.03 seconds.
- and continuous Tremor, with an amplitude of 0.5 to 8 mm, dominant at 4 mm.
Communities around Mount Dukono and visitors/tourists should refrain from activities, climbing and approaching Malupang Warirang crater within 2 km.
Source: Magma Indonesia and Mounts Project
On June 9 at 12:48 p.m., a small hydrothermal eruption was recorded at Rincón de la Vieja.
The column of gas and water vapor reached a height of 200 meters. Seismicity continued with frequent low-frequency volcanic earthquakes, screw-type earthquakes, and low-frequency, short-duration tremors. No significant deformation of the volcanic edifice is recorded.
On 06/10/2022 at 4:52 p.m. local time, another eruption is detected in seismic and infrasound recordings. The height reached by the column is unknown due to the visibility conditions of the site.
Duration of the activity: 1 minute.